If you would like to apply for one of the positions listed below, please select the job title and you can submit your cover letter and resume. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Become a member of our team.
Posted August 30, 2019
Application for position closes once the position has been filled.
Please click on MORE below for details
Detailed Job Description
Intermediate Bridge Engineer with an Interest in Structural and Forensic Engineering
Precision Engineering Inc. (Precision) is a multidiscipline full service engineering and procurement (EP) company based in Edmonton providing oil and gas professional services, bridge engineering and construction supervision, and commercial, residential and institutional building design. We work closely with our sister company Precision Forensics Inc. (PFI) and provide structural engineering and forensic engineering services.
Precision Engineering Inc. is looking for a Bridge Engineer with a minimum 5 to 10 years of experience working on Alberta Transportation projects, but also interested in assisting our structural and forensic engineering teams.
From project conception to completion, meeting the needs and requirements of our clients is our priority. Our commitment and pride in our fields of expertise is evidenced by our thirty year history and continued corporate growth. Precision has earned a well-deserved reputation for its efficiency in providing quality services to our clients.
The Bridge/Structural Engineer will be responsible for delivering quality engineering and consulting services to our clients on projects in a cost-effective manner. The Engineer must be familiar with the CHBDC and Alberta Transportation standards and specifications. Projects can range from conceptual design, preliminary to detail engineering, cost estimating, life-cycle cost analysis and report writing. Responsibilities would also include client relationship development, proposal development, and project engineering.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Project management which includes, cost, scope, and schedule
- Preparation of engineering deliverables including reports, calculations, specifications, and drawings
- Bridge and structural analysis and design
- Travel to various client sites as required
- Mentor junior engineers as required
- Construction supervision and contract administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in structural analysis and design
- Registered or be eligible for registration as a P.Eng with APEGA
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in bridge engineering and construction supervision
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
This is a staff position based in Edmonton, Alberta. We offer a very competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes health and dental coverage, vacation, company matching RSP, health spending account, and sick days. For more information please refer to our company website.
Please submit cover letter and resume using the form below. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you wish to apply for any future opportunities you can submit your application below and we will keep this on file for one year.
Typical technical positions are:
Engineering discipline: Chemical, Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical (Commercial Buildings).
Drafting tech with Oil and Gas, Commercial Building or Structural experience.
Please indicate which discipline you would like to apply for in the message section below.
Thank you for your interest but only those selected will be contacted.