If you would like to apply for one of the positions listed below, please select the job title and you can submit your cover letter and resume. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Become a member of our team.
Posted October 22, 2020
Application for position closes November 6, 2020
Please click on MORE below for details
Detailed Job Description
Forensic Structural Engineer
Precision Forensics Inc. is a privately owned, independent Canadian company based in Edmonton, Alberta that specializes in structural and industrial forensics, fire and explosion investigation, origin and cause investigation, and structural design engineering.
We are currently looking for a Forensic Structural Engineer who is detail-oriented and passionate about forensics and has the work ethic and drive to learn in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting a series of Forensic Investigations, including building code compliance assessments and designing structural repairs. This position will have the opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects in areas such as industrial oil and gas, commercial, residential, institutional and bridges.
- Project coordination which includes, cost, scope and schedule
- Investigating structural and other failures, including fire damaged structures.
- Analysis and structural design for remediation.
- Preparation of engineering deliverables including review of evidence photo, calculations, failure analysis, measurements, and preparation of drawings as required
- Report writing of findings and conclusions
- Communicate with clients and contractors as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural elective from an accredited institution
- Registered as a P.Eng
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with structural design and/or building construction.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with structural analysis software.
- Strong independent work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience with the following design standards:
- CSA S16
- CSA A23.3
- CSA O86
- Office environment
- Worksite visits with exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Working in hazardous conditions, i.e., uneven and wet surfaces, confined spaces, heights. Out of town travel as required
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Must be able to kneel, squat or bend. Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead,
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds. Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Has own vehicle capable of transporting 4’ telescoping ladder. Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
Precision Forensics offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
Qualified applicants should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Precision Forensics strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Precision Forensics will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you wish to apply for any future opportunities you can submit your application below and we will keep this on file for one year.
Typical technical positions are:
Engineering discipline: Chemical, Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical (Commercial Buildings).
Drafting tech with Oil and Gas, Commercial Building or Structural experience.
Please indicate which discipline you would like to apply for in the message section below.
Thank you for your interest but only those selected will be contacted.