If you would like to apply for one of the positions listed below, please select the job title and you can submit your cover letter and resume. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Become a member of our team.
Posted June 1, 2021
Application for position closes June 15, 2021
Please click on MORE below for details
Detailed Job Description
Intermediate Mechanical Building / HVAC Engineer
Precision Engineering Inc. (Precision) is a multidiscipline full-service Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) firm headquartered in Edmonton. From project conception to completion, meeting the needs and requirements of our clients is our priority. Our commitment and pride in our field of expertise is evidenced by our thirty-nine year history and continued corporate growth. Precision has earned a well-deserved reputation for efficiency in providing quality services to our clients.
Precision is diversified in several markets including Industrial, Buildings, Bridges, and Forensics.
Industrial – Precision manages facility and pipeline projects in the upstream, midstream and downstream Oil & Gas industry, as well as mining, forestry, and waste management markets.
Buildings – Precision manages residential, commercial and light industrial building engineering, design, and inspections. Projects consist of new build and rehabilitation scopes.
Bridges – Precision manages bridge and culvert design, as well as rehabilitation engineering and design projects. Precision provides remediation and rehabilitation inspections, as well as supervision during construction.
Forensics – Precision provides forensics engineering services related to structural, mechanical, industrial, electrical and automation failures. Precision also investigates fires & explosions, industrial incidents, and heavy equipment incidents.
At Precision, our Values are:
SAFETY We all make it home
TEAM Winning together
EQUALITY My opinion matters
DRIVE Hard work drives us
TRUST We keep our commitment
The Intermediate Mechanical Building/HVAC Engineer should have the capability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work with team members and stakeholders (Electrical, Structural and Civil Engineering, as well as Architects, Designers, Drafting Technologists, and authorities having jurisdiction and municipalities).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed calculations, sizing and selection of HVAC equipment
- Selection and design of mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and controls) in multi-family residential, institutional, industrial, and commercial buildings
- Prepare technical specifications and requirements of inquiries and purchase orders, review bids and tenders and make recommendations for procurement
- Develop documents (work packages, plans, details, schematics, and responses) for review and construction
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the cost estimates and schedules for bids and proposal work
- Provide technical advice to others within the company and coordinate with other disciplines for information related to the area of responsibility
- Assist in mentoring and training younger engineers as required
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a consulting firm or in similar relevant field of work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Registered as a P.Eng or P.Tech.(Eng)
- Knowledgeable and have a minimum of 5 years of experience with Alberta Building Code, Alberta Fire Code, National Plumbing Code, National Energy Code, and other applicable building codes and standards
- Knowledge of ASHRAE and SMACNA standards
- Experience with building mechanical systems
- Experience with current industry trends of Residential (low and high rise), institutional, industrial, and commercial HVAC systems
- Project experience with design for HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, and Building Automation Systems design for small to medium size projects
- Experience with energy modeling for residential and commercial buildings
- Experience in using software for load calculations
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience or track record of managing multiple projects and working in a fast-paced environment while being able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to resolve technical problems during the full project lifecycle
- Proficient with computers and standard office software applications
- Attendance at job sites for meetings and inspections as required
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral in English
- Willingness and ability to adapt to additional related tasks as required
- Valid drivers license and personal vehicle is required
- Office environment
- Typical hours of work are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
What we offer you:
Precision provides a challenging and fast paced team environment that pushes you to learn and grow in your career. We are a locally owned and operated company that values our people and their families. Our training philosophy for our engineers and technologists is simple – start with the basics and learn the fundamentals. This philosophy has served us well for over 30 years to train some of the best technologists and engineering professionals in the industry.
Precision provides a competitive compensation package along with a team-based, collaborative, and safe working environment. Precision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Qualified applicants should apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
If you wish to apply for any future opportunities you can submit your application below and we will keep this on file for one year.
Typical technical positions are:
Engineering discipline: Chemical, Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical (Commercial Buildings).
Drafting tech with Oil and Gas, Commercial Building or Structural experience.
Please indicate which discipline you would like to apply for in the message section below.
Thank you for your interest but only those selected will be contacted.